Sunday, April 17, 2011

Black Bean Jalapeno soup

This dinner was delish! My husband had 2 bowl fulls and that says alot :)

I adapted from this recipe.

Here is my take:
2-3 cups of beans soaked overnight and cooked
2 cups of water
1 tbsp salt
1 onion
1 tomato chopped
2 cups of cooked rice
3 jalapeños

And thats it!

Directions: Take a cup of your cooked beans and blend. Saute your onions with a little oil. Add salt in your beans and put into crockpot with your pureed beans. Add your onions once cooked with 2 cups of water, rice, tomato and jalapeños. I put my crockpot on high for 30ish min and set to low for another 2 and a half hours.
voila!
I love the spice but the tomatoes add alot to the soup. I wanted to eat the whole thing!

1 comment:

thajudheevvt said...



I liked your website so much. I am also providing same content like this. If you want to read, just visit my websiteWayanad Empire