Saturday, November 27, 2010

Fabric Picture Frame

Homemade Christmas gift #2

So I had this wonderful idea to make a fabric frame. It was such a random thought but I love when I have visions. I dont have many hehe
I Love love LOVE how it turned out!
The best part??? Total of the project: Maybe 75 cents!



So I bought a wood picture frame at a garage sale for $.50



I took really Really wrinkled fabric  I found at a rummage sale( a bag as much as you can stuff for $2,(SCORE!) 
I cut it the size of the frame but gave it an extra inch or two.No need to be precise!
I then made a square for the middle. Again, no worry to be perfect.


I cute the 4 corners so I could fold them over the frame and to fit nicely.



This is what it looked like.


And then glued the outside of the frame and cutting the extra fabric left over so it wouldn't 
hang over.



Took some coordinating fabric and made some fabric roses and finished it off with 
some pearl beads and a cute button.




I made it creased a little because I liked the look of it! I also made another frame and made it even more creased or draped looking.
I put this in the frame but a family photo or anything would be cute.

By the way, I have been slacking on the blog as of late But I promise I have been bippity boppity boo to a lot of things!! Hope your Thanksgiving was as wonderful and relaxing as mine!

6 comments:

Beth Adams said...

Wickedly sweet idea! The frame looks awesome. I would love for you to link this up to Wickedly Crafty Saturdays at Wiccan Make Some Too!
http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/2010/11/wickedly-crafty-saturdays_27.html

Lisa said...

This is so pretty! I love the fabric flowers for a girly and elegant touch!

Kimberly and Ashley @ Everyday Expressions said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberly and Ashley @ Everyday Expressions said...

What a fun way to make a frame out of a fun or unique color! I love it!

KP said...

Nice idea and lovely colour. Definitely going to try this!

Andy Porter said...

Very cute! A perfect handmade gift! So inexpensive! I'm impressed!

Andy
www.poppiesatplay.blogspot.com