Thursday, November 11, 2010

Ribbon frame

So this is a super late project. My son was born 7 months ago and I finally did something with it! Oh well, its not like he knows anyways..

So I bought these wooden animals at Walmart on clearance before he was born and prior to that I bought the frame on clearance at Kmart. (Clearance is awesome!)

Well I wanted to use both of these in his room and this is what I did:




I took the matte from the picture frame and started adding ribbon. I tied them in a know and went on to the next tie. 


And this is what the end result was! I was thinking if I really wanted to be creative to do brown ribbon on the sides for tree's maybe and green on the bottom for the grass and blue on top for sky but I still like how it turned out!



Here is a closer look


Tada! I couldn't fit the glass in but I love it!! You can put a family picture or anything really! 

Hope you enjoyed!

5 comments:

Jill ~ Jillify It said...

Very cute ribbon frame! Love it... I have a giveaway going on now on my blog & would love for you to enter!

Kelsie from Our Country Home and Studio Photography said...

This is a super cute idea..Thank you for sharing.

Kelsie

Sandy Ang said...

Such a fantastic idea. Have to try it.

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

That frame is too cute! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites! Hope to see you again this week!

Megan Gunyan said...

Oh, what a fun way to spruce up a children's frame! I love this idea--so versatile. And the lion is cute! Thanks for sharing!