Sunday, November 7, 2010

Gobble Gobble Turkey

I have a wonderful aunt who is seriously amazing! Well she was so nice to give me some beads that she wasn't going to use. Cha Ching!!!!  I was trying to do a Thanksgiving craft and it came to me to use beads to make the turkey! So fun to do with the kids.

What you need:
heavy fabric
glue gun
some ribbon for cuteness
beads

This project is versatile. You wanna use big chunky beads go for it! You want to use a poster board, do it!
I'll tell you some tricks that I found as I was doing it to help you out to ; )



I first took my fabric and laid out my plan with colors and such. I ended up mixing the beads to give it a different effect.


I penciled my turkey and got to work with the gun spreading the beads over and pushing down a bit for the beads to stick to the glue better. I found if I didn't do that the beads fell off easier.


This is the middle of the action.^
Silly me forgot to do the head of the turkey! Good thing it was easy to take off and redo :)



And this is what you end up with! It was a little messy but such a fun and easy project! It took me 30 min.


Thankful #1 I am thankful for my family, My husband is amazing and works hard and bubba is the shine in my day!
What are you thankful for????

11 comments:

Kristi Flanagan said...

Ca ute! Thanks for planting your creative seeds at Plant a Punkin Seed Party. Don't forget to grab my button!

Hugs,

Kristi
Punkin Seed Productions

Kathleen said...

Such a cute little guy! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Sweet turkey! Thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday! Wonderful to "see" a new face and all the best with your new site!

Ron Cooper said...

Hi! Following you now from Wandering Wednesday. Have a nice day, and please return the favor!

http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

Hanna said...

Cute idea!! I am your newest follower from the blog hop!! you can find me at www.bouffeebambini@hotmail.com

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Soooo cute!!!! Thanks for linking to the Passionately Artistic blog!!!

Maggie Lamarre said...

This is right up my alley, no sewing involved..
Thank you for participating at the linking party :)
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Design It Chic said...

Such a cute project! I am now following you thanks to Wandering Wednesday, and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog;)
Plus, today is the first day of our Show Yo' Flow Campaign, so stop by to see the interview with Tiffany and maybe snag one of the awesome prizes she has for our readers! Happy Thursday!

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

What a FUN project!! This turned out darling. Thank you so much for linking at our Thanksgiving Feast party! Happy Turkey Day!
~Alison

Rachel@AllFreeHolidayCrafts said...

What a great idea to use up those extra beads! I just linked to you from my site:

http://www.allfreeholidaycrafts.com/Kids-Thanksgiving-Crafts/Bead-Embellished-Turkey

Please let me know if it's okay to link to your projects in this way in the future.

Thanks!
Rachel
rbernstein@primecp.com

Anonymous said...

I cannot thank Mr Benjamin service enough and letting people know how grateful I am for all the assistance that you and your team staff have provided and I look forward to recommending friends and family should they need financial advice or assistance @ 1,9% Rate for Business Loan .Via Contact : .  247officedept@gmail.com. WhatsApp...+ 19893943740. Keep up the great work.
Thanks, Busarakham.